Sunflower Granola Breakfast Parfaits
To make this portable breakfast in a snap, prepare the granola in advance and store in an airtight container. Be sure to keep a close eye on the broiler so the granola doesn't burn.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seed kernels
- ¼ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbs butter, melted
- 2 tbs honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 cups strawberries
- Place oven rack on middle shelf, about 10 inches below broiler. Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine first 6 ingredients on a baking sheet; toss well. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring every 1 minute.
- Combine butter, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Drizzle butter mixture over oat mixture; toss to coat. Broil granola an additional 2 minutes or until well toasted, stirring after one minute.
- Remove granola from oven; cool on pan 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon ½ cup yogurt into each of 8 bowls. Top with about ⅓ cup granola and about ¼ cup berries.