Mini Caprese Salad
- 10 Organic Basil Leaves
- 1 oz package of Fresh Mozzarella
- 10 of grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Pure Cane Sugar
- 10 toothpicks
- Clip basil leaves at the stem. Wash thoroughly and pat dry.
- Pour ¼ cup balsamic vinegar into a bowl. Add 1 tbs pure cane sugar and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Set in the freezer for 5 minutes so the mixture becomes cold and thick.
- Wash cherry or grape tomatoes and cut them in half lengthwise, then set aside.
- Cut fresh mozzarella into small ¼ inch slivers.
- Lie one basil leaf flat on the plate, add one piece of fresh mozzarella then one cut tomato. Wrap basil around the tomato and mozzarella like a blanket and put a toothpick through the top. Repeat with each basil leaf.
- Once all the mini caprese salads are complete. Remove the balsamic vinegar from the freezer and drizzle on top.
- Serve to guests as an appetizer or as a salad before your meal.
Serving size: 2 Calories: 140 Fat: 5 Sugar: 13 Protein: 5