Healthy Corn and Crab Cakes
Toss 3 cups arugula and 1 cup of parsley leaves with fresh lemon juice for a side salad.
- ½ cup fresh yellow corn kernels
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons fat free greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ cups Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce.
- To prepare cakes, combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Stir in ¾ cup bread crumbs. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions; shape each into a 1-inch-thick patty. Arrange patties in a single layer on a small baking sheet. Place patties in freezer for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ¾ cup bread crumbs to the pan; coat bread crumbs lightly with cooking spray. Cook 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Place toasted bread crumbs in a shallow dish; dredge crab cakes in toasted crumbs. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
- Coat both sides of 4 cakes with cookind spray. Add coated cakes to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan, and keep warm. Repeat with remaining crab cakes.
- To prepare sauce, combine parsley and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Serve with cakes.
Serving size: 2 cakes Calories: 205 Fat: 3 Saturated fat: .6 Carbohydrates: 27.1 Sugar: 5.5 Sodium: 933.2 Fiber: 4.4 Protein: 18.7 Cholesterol: 45