Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
Definitely a healthier option for a fall treat!
- ¼ cup water
- 2 1-ounce envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk, divided
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sprinkle gelatin in water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of fat-free evaporated milk into a small saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat and whisk into gelatin.
- Don’t worry if it the gelatin has hardened, the hot milk will liquefy it.
- Stir in remaining cup of evaporated milk, sugar, canned pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla extract.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie plate.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.