Applesauce Carrot Cake
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 apple, quartered, seeded
- 2 medium carrots, halved
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Set aside.
- Place egg whites, apples, and carrots into a food processor, blend for 15 seconds or until blended.
- Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients with your hands for a more fluffy cake or with a spoon.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife is inserted into he center and comes out clean.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 116 Carbohydrates: 25 Sugar: 10 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4